LIMITED WARRANTY - TERMS & CONDITIONS
We have you covered when it comes to frame, fork, and components. If you need further clarification, check our FAQs. If you cannot find what you're looking for, drop us a line via the Contact form.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this warranty purports to limit, modify, take away from, disclaim, exclude or suspend any mandatory warranty requirements provided or non-excludable statutory rights you may have under the law. This warranty gives you additional protection for any bicycles, products, parts, components or accessories purchased from Coast Cycles (collectively referred to as “Product” or “Products”), subject to the terms and conditions herein.
The Product you have purchased shall be covered under the relevant Warranty Period (which commences from the date of purchase) stated below:- Warranty for Bafang components please contact email@example.com 1 year warranty.
Terms and Conditions
1. This warranty only applies to Products manufactured by Coast Cycles and purchased from Coast Cycles. Any other part or component shall be covered by the stated warranty of the original manufacturer.
2. This warranty is only valid upon registration of the Product by the original purchaser within fourteen (14) days from the date of purchase and is not transferrable.
3. The Product is warranted against defects in quality and materials under normal and non-commercial, non-competition use.
Making a Claim
1. By making a claim under this warranty, you agree to waive any claim(s) for compensation, monetary or otherwise, which you may be entitled to in respect of the Product other than that provided under this warranty, if any.
2. If you consider that the Product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with any warranties or legal rights given to you under the law, you must give notice to Coast Cycles of the alleged defects promptly upon discovery.
3. If a valid claim is made on a valid warranty during the Warranty Period, Coast Cycles will, upon sight of valid supporting documents (i.e. dated proof of purchase and warranty card), repair the Product. For defects that cannot be repaired within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience, Coast Cycles will in its sole discretion either (i) replace the Product; or (ii) refund the amount paid by you for the Product or part thereof.
4. Coast Cycles is at liberty to conduct an inspection on the Product to determine the cause of failure/ defect. Coast Cycles’ decision on all claims, including without limitation whether there is a defect in the Product, the cause of failure/ defect, validity of the warranty, and what remedy is to be provided, shall be conclusive and you agree to abide by such decision. Products with valid warranty subsisting will upon repair or replacement continue to be warranted for the remaining of its warranty period, or for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of completion of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, Coast Cycles shall not in any way be liable under this warranty to repair, replace or refund any Product if Coast Cycles at its sole discretion deem this warranty to be “defective” due to breach of the warranty terms, invalidation of the warranty, expiry of the Warranty Period, or on any other reasonable basis. Notwithstanding the same, Coast Cycles may nevertheless at its sole discretion agree to repair a Product regardless of a defective warranty on the condition that you pay a reasonable sum for such repair. Such repairs shall carry a one (1) month warranty from the date of completion of service for the parts repaired/ replaced.
6. Coast Cycles is at liberty to repair or replace Product with functionally equivalent refurbished or reconditioned product(s) and/or part(s).
7. Any replaced product(s) or part(s) or fully refunded product(s) shall become the absolute property of Coast Cycles and must be returned to Coast Cycles upon demand.
Limitations and Exclusions
1. Notwithstanding that the Product is within the Warranty Period, this warranty shall be deemed invalidated and rendered void if the Product shows any evidence of commercial use; use in competitions; impact; shock; accidents or crashes; acts of nature (including fire, flood, earthquake, lighting); exposure to extreme thermal or environmental conditions beyond product specifications or a rapid change in such conditions; abuse, mishandling, improper operation or maintenance; damage during the purchaser’s delivery of the Product to/from authorized Coast Cycles shops/ locations; improper alteration, modification, adjustment, tampering, dismantling; replacement of parts with parts that are not provided or approved by Coast Cycles; defective repair or maintenance work; maintenance or repairs by a dealer or workshop unauthorized by Coast Cycles; failure to maintain or service the Product properly; or any other use improper or excessive or unusual use of the Product.
2. This warranty shall be deemed invalidated and rendered void if:
i. The warranty was not properly registered within fourteen (14) from the date of purchase by the purchaser of the Product; or’
ii. The logo of Coast Cycles / Coast Components or the serial number (if any) on the Product has been modified, defaced, removed, tempered with or is illegible.
3. This warranty does not cover:-
i. Minor imperfections and/or deviations from design specifications that do not materially alter the functionality of the Product;
ii. Cosmetic damage to the outer surface/ finishing and external parts of the Product, including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches on the Product’s exterior;
iii. Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear;
iv. Any parts that naturally and are expected to suffer wear and tear, including without limitation, tires, brake pads, handlebar grips, cranksets, chains saddles, pedals, dropouts, and bearings;
v. Defect or damage arising from any of the following:
a) Improper assembly
b) Improper follow-up maintenance;
c) Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the product as sold;
d) Damage or failure due to accident, falls, misuse, abuse, or neglect;
e) Alterations of the product or the specifications (e.g. paintwork, changes of the geometry/proportions, inadmissible add-on parts etc.); or
f) Repair or maintenance by unauthorized dealer or workshop;
vi. Any other circumstances such that repair would be contradictory or not in compliance with good business practice.
Other Terms and Conditions
1. If any part, term or provision of this warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable. The validity or enforceability of the remainder of this warranty shall not be affected.
2. Waiver by Coast Cycles of any breach of the terms and conditions herein shall not be deemed as a continuing waiver of such default or a waiver of any other default.
3. Except where otherwise expressly provided, the terms and conditions of the warranty are embodied herein and supersedes and cancels in all respects any other previous agreements, statements and undertakings made by Coast Cycles, if any, with respect to subject matter hereof (whether such be written or oral).
4. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the warranty expressly provided herein is the sole and exclusive warranty provided in connection with the Product and no other warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions of any kind, whether oral, written, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, any implied warranties of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties against hidden or latent defects, are provided. In so far as any warranties cannot be excluded, such warranties shall be limited to the terms herein.
5. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this warranty or in any other agreement between Coast Cycles and you, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Coast Cycle’s negligence, Coast Cycles shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of Coast Cycles, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Product or its use or resale by you, and the entire liability of Coast Cycles under or in connection with its contract with you shall not exceed the actual price paid for the purchase of the Product.
6. Without limitation to the foregoing, you shall assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to you and your property and to any third parties and their properties arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the Product not caused directly by Coast Cycles’ negligence. You agree to indemnify Coast Cycles against any loss, damages, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with any claims or demand so arising.
7. You acknowledge that having read the terms herein in detail, you agree that Coast Cycles’ exclusions and limitations of liability are reasonable in the circumstances.
8. This warranty shall be governed by the laws of Singapore. Coast Cycles and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
9. Coast Cycles and you agree that a person who is not a party to this contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce or to enjoy the benefit of any term of this warranty.